University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (UIHC) Pharmacy Residency Info Session
November 14, 2023
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Iowa City, IA
CalendarDownload iCal File
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about the pharmacy residency programs at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (UIHC). Each session will provide an overview of UIHC and the wide variety of patient care, education, and research activities residents participate in. Following the overview, program-specific breakout sessions will highlight our PGY1 and PGY2 residencies. You will have an opportunity to ask questions and get to know our program directors, coordinators, and current residents.
- As the state’s only academic medical center, we serve patients from all of Iowa’s 99 counties
- 860-bed hospital with a Level I trauma center, 4 adult ICUs, and a 24/7 ED with over 50,000 patient visits annually
- Stead Family Children’s Hospital is our pediatric tower with 190 pediatric beds including a 88-bed level IV NICU plus 32 bed Labor & Delivery and Women’s Services wing
- Our more than 200 ambulatory care clinics see over 1 million patients each year
- UIHC is located in Iowa City, IA where there is a large variety of local restaurants and shopping as well as Big 10 sports and arts activities
Informational sessions before Midyear:
During these 1-hour sessions we will share an overview of UIHC and Iowa City. In addition, you will be provided the opportunity to meet our current residents and program leaders and engage in a question-and-answer session to prepare you for your next steps!
- Tuesday, November 14th | 6-7 p.m. CST (All PGY1 and PGY2 programs)
- Tuesday, November 28th | 6-7 p.m. CST (All PGY1 and PGY2 programs)
If you have interest in attending one of the Zoom sessions, we invite you to fill out the Qualtrics survey linked here so we can follow up with the appropriate Zoom link.
UIHC will be participating in the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting Residency Showcase on Monday, December 5th from 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST. UIHC will be booth number 5071. Our PGY2 programs will also be participating in Personnel Placement Service.
Please check out our website if you are interested in any of the UIHC programs and feel free to email PharmacyResidencyProgram@healthcare.uiowa.edu with any questions!
Sep 22, 2023
Sep 22, 2023