June 1, 2022
CalendarDownload iCal File
The Walmart Health Equity Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will be awarded to 10 outstanding Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree students who are accepted or enrolled in the professional curriculum at a U.S. college or school of pharmacy. Selected awardees must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to serving rural or medically underserved patient populations. Each awardee will receive a single $5,000 scholarship.
Goal of the Program
AACP and Walmart are committed to promoting education and healthcare access to improve health for all. The Walmart Health Equity Scholarship for Pharmacy Students will support the financial need of students enrolled in Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree programs who plan to serve in rural areas, medically underserved areas or populations (MUA/Ps), or Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) upon graduation. The goal of the scholarship program is to promote and support a diverse population of student pharmacists who will advance health equity.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Eligible student statuses during the 2021-2022 Academic Year:
- Accepted into a professional Pharm.D. program for the 2022 entering class,
- Enrolled as a P1, P2, or P3 Pharm.D. student in a 4-year program,
- Enrolled as a P1 or P2 Pharm.D. student in an accelerated 3-year program, OR
- Enrolled as a P2 through P5 (out of P6) student in a 0-6/7 program.
- Students must demonstrate leadership, academic success, and a commitment to serving rural, medically underserved areas or populations (MUA/Ps), or Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) upon graduation from a Pharm.D. degree program.
- Only US citizens and permanent US residents are eligible.
- Students must be in good standing at their current (or most recent) institution at the time of application.
- Students must submit a completed application by the deadline.
- If a scholarship is awarded to an accepted (not yet enrolled) pharmacy student, the award will be granted to the institution after the individual has started classes in the Pharm.D. program. These students will be ineligible to apply for this scholarship again in the future.
- Students who will graduate from a Pharm.D. program in 2022 are NOT eligible for the scholarship.
- Completed applications are due by June 1, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Time (HT).
- Completed applications will be reviewed by August 15, 2022.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by September 15, 2022.
- Funds will be forwarded to the student's institution after the start of classes in Fall 2022.
- AACP will announce the scholarship recipients on the AACP and Pharmacy is Right for Me websites and social media.
- Walmart may also release related announcements about the scholarship recipients via the company's communication channels.
A single scholarship in the amount of $5,000 each will be awarded to each scholarship recipient. AACP will pay the scholarship funds for each awardee directly to the pharmacy college or school where the student is enrolled. Funds will be dispersed in fall 2022 after the 2022-2023 academic year begins and the awardee's intial or ongoing enrollment in a Pharm.D. program at the college or school of pharmacy is confirmed. Each institution will exclusively apply the scholarship funds to the awardee's tuition and/or fees.
Please contact AACP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Feb 1, 2022
Feb 1, 2022