West Suburban Medical Center
February 29, 2024
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Oak Park, IL
CalendarDownload iCal File
Pharmacy Technician Registry Position "As needed"
For over 100 years, West Suburban Medical Center has supported generations of families in the Oak Park and surrounding areas. Our kind, caring hospital staff have a passion to heal and make a difference in our community. We understand that our employees are the heart of our facility. If you are looking for a family atmosphere, a company committed to professional growth and a culture that embraces our five core values of Quality. Innovation. Service. Integrity. Transparency.
Works closely with Staff Pharmacists and other department staff and frequently with nurses, and other departmental staff to collaborate with the medication use process. Interacts with patients, visitors, and vendors.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Pharmacy technician experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Processes medication orders or prescriptions accurately and safely, in age appropriate and acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Participates in coordinating/scheduling the processing and delivery of patient orders with the pharmacist. Performs pre-delivery phone calls to nursing staff to monitor supply inventories and determine patient specific supply needs.
- Prepares and manages chemotherapy medications. Manages workflow and timely preparation of chemos.
- Maintains patients medication records. Processes pharmacy charges as assigned.
- Maintains and completes regulatory documentation for chemotherapy drugs.
- Compounds medications and IV admixtures, adheres to aseptic technique.
- Performs all duties as a pharmacy technician.
- Restocks Omnicell machines as assigned.
- Restocks crash carts and restocks IV fluids.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Enhances skill sets through continuing education.
West Suburban Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For all students that are interested in this great opportunity, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Sep 28, 2023
Sep 28, 2023