University of the Pacific/Genentech – Fellowship in Industry Program
October 20, 2023
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM PST
CalendarDownload iCal File
The Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy is proud to partner with BeiGene to offer a Fellowship in Industry Program (FIP). Founded in 2017, the program aims to provide exceptional biopharmaceutical industry training for doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) graduates. The goal of the program is to prepare fellows for a career in the pharmaceutical industry by focusing on developing technical, leadership and communication skills. The fellowship will also concentrate on cultivating the fellow's clinical skills while honing their expertise in their area of interest.
Genentech was founded in 1976, with a goal to develop a new generation of therapeutics created from genetically engineered copies of naturally occurring molecules. Today Genentech continues to use genetic engineering along with other advanced techniques to develop medicines that address major unmet medical needs for patients worldwide.
In March 2009, Genentech became a member of the Roche Group. As part of their merger agreement, Roche and Genentech combined their pharmaceutical operations in the United States. Genentech’s South San Francisco campus now serves as the headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States.
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
A candidate must be:
- A permanent resident or citizen of the United States
- PharmD from an accredited college or university before the start of the fellowship term
Candidates must submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation emailed directly from letter writer to FIP Director - may be submitted after the application deadline
- One professional writing sample
- Unofficial pharmacy school transcript emailed to FIP Director
- All applications submitted by Friday October 20th will be considered
- After October 20th: Applications reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Early submission is highly encouraged.
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
EARLY DEALINE is October 20, 2023. Afterwards, candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Learn more: Pharmacy Fellowships | University of the Pacific
Oct 2, 2023
Oct 2, 2023