Peer Educator Program (PEP) Heading link
The Peer Educator Program (PEP) is an initiative developed by Rho Chi and the Office of Student Affairs, focusing on tutoring and review sessions for the PDAT courses. The review sessions are an initial overview of lecture topics for upcoming exams in an interactive manner with questions and answers. Each session concludes with recitation type review cases. Emails about review sessions are sent to the appropriate listservs.
Individual Tutoring Heading link
The Office of Student Affairs is excited to offer individual tutoring for all P1 and P2 main curriculum courses! Our goal is to help students study effectively and talk through difficult concepts. If you are interested in individual tutoring, please sign up here!
Please note that students who no-show/cancel without a 24 hours notice repeatedly will no longer be able to schedule tutoring appointments.
Tutoring sessions are 30 minutes each. Signing up for more than 2 consecutive sessions will result in a cancellation of the extra sessions.
Study Skills Heading link
- Attend class or listen to recordings of the lectures and take notes during
- Immediately after class write down one or more questions based on key aspects of the lecture. Also write answers for the questions. This gives you a bank of questions and answers that you can return to later when studying. Qs and As can also be shared among your fellow students if you study as a group.
- Note a concept from the lecture that needs clarification, write a question that could be asked at a review session. If you can not attend review session or this impacts the next lecture, send the question to the professor/course coordinator.
- Summarize every lecture on one (!) sheet of paper and use this as framework for studying, this can be a graph, a drawing, brief text
- Don’t waste time re-watching/reading EVERYTHING.
- Use your notes and only re-watch the things you did not understand.
- Try to explain the material to yourself with the help of your notes after every lecture
- Understand and don’t just memorize
- Don’t wait with studying until shortly before the exam
- Invest 10-15 min every day to recapture every lecture