Individual Tutoring Heading link
The Office of Student Affairs is excited to offer individual tutoring for all P1 and P2 main curriculum courses! Our goal is to help students study effectively and talk through difficult concepts. If you are interested in individual tutoring, please sign up here!
Sign up for an appointment here.
Please note that students who no-show/cancel without a 24 hours notice repeatedly will no longer be able to schedule tutoring appointments.
Tutoring sessions are 30 minutes each. Signing up for more than 2 consecutive sessions will result in a cancellation of the extra sessions.
Drop-In Tutoring Heading link
On Mondays and Thursdays from 12:30 – 1:20pm there will be drop in tutoring if you have quick questions about coursework. These are not intended for individual tutoring. Drop-in’s will take place in room 177 in Chicago and room E216 in Rockford.
Review Sessions Heading link
One of OSA’s tutors will be conducting recorded reviews of PHAR 505 lectures over the weekends. Students in PHAR 505 are welcome to attend and ask questions during the reviews. The recordings will be made available in BOX and linked below for students who are unable to attend during the sessions. The Zoom links will be updated each week for future sessions.
Zoom link for Saturday, March 4, 2023 from 7:00 – 9:00 PM – Review of lectures 3 and 4: https://uic.zoom.us/j/82578821497?pwd=M0V4bzVlMU1kQkFwelZ6VXdwMTFxQT09
Zoom link for Sunday, March 5, 2023 from 7:00 – 9:00 PM – Review of lectures 5 and 6: https://uic.zoom.us/j/83719565284?pwd=dzl6M1RSeHdvS3ZsYkJzSzJ3NzdyUT09
Peer Educator Program (PEP) Heading link
The Peer Educator Program (PEP) is an initiative developed by Rho Chi and the Office of Student Affairs, focusing on tutoring and review sessions for the PDAT courses. The review sessions are an initial overview of lecture topics for upcoming exams in an interactive manner with questions and answers. Each session concludes with recitation type review cases. Emails about review sessions are sent to the appropriate listservs.
PEP – Rho Chi Tutoring is not available for Spring 2023
Student Success Program Recordings Heading link
Academic Success Strategies Webinar Recording Link
Financial Wellness Webinar Recording Link
Organizational Strategies Workshop Recording Link
Organizational Strategies Workshop Google Drive Resources – please make sure to download the documents in order to edit them!
Academic Center for Excellence Heading link
The Academic Center for Excellence provides learning support services to enable all UIC students to accomplish their academic goals.
Study Skills Heading link
- Attend class or listen to recordings of the lectures and take notes during
- Immediately after class write down one or more questions based on key aspects of the lecture. Also write answers for the questions. This gives you a bank of questions and answers that you can return to later when studying. Qs and As can also be shared among your fellow students if you study as a group.
- Note a concept from the lecture that needs clarification, write a question that could be asked at a review session. If you can not attend review session or this impacts the next lecture, send the question to the professor/course coordinator.
- Summarize every lecture on one (!) sheet of paper and use this as framework for studying, this can be a graph, a drawing, brief text
- Don’t waste time re-watching/reading EVERYTHING.
- Use your notes and only re-watch the things you did not understand.
- Try to explain the material to yourself with the help of your notes after every lecture
- Understand and don’t just memorize
- Don’t wait with studying until shortly before the exam
- Invest 10-15 min every day to recapture every lecture